Beef stroganoffBeef Stroganoff is a popular Russian dish of small pieces of beef fillet sautéed in sour cream sauce together with onions and mushrooms.
Today Beef Stroganoff is very popular both in and outside Russia. You can try it in numerous Russian-cuisine restaurants during your Moscow tours.
How to cook Beef Stroganoff?
600 g beef fillet
1kg of sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon of mustard
300 g of sour cream
2 tablespoons of oil, butter
Salt, ground black pepper to taste, oil
1. Cut the beef into 1 cm thick slices, beet them, and slice into 6 cm long strips.
2. Cook sliced onions in oil for 3-5 min on medium heat, add sliced mushrooms. Sauté for a few minutes until the mushrooms get brown.
3. Add sour cream, cook on low heat. When the sour cream is close to boiling add mustard. The sauce is ready.
4. On a different pan melt the butter and brown the beef strips quickly. Cook for 5 min, season with salt and pepper.
5. Mix the mushroom sauce with the beef. Cook over low heat for about 30 minutes, covered.
We may offer you a cooking master class which can be included in your Moscow in three days tour.