Winter wonderland in SuzdalOne of the best winter escapes of hustle and bustle of Moscow is a trip to Vladimir and Suzdal. Both cities can boast century old history, beautiful stone architecture and peaceful landscapes. Once snow covers this land the area turns into a fairytale. One of the gems of this trip is Pokrova on the Nerl Church which stands isolated in the snowy meadows. In winter there is an opportunity to dash through the snow in a horse-drawn sleigh and enjoy winter wonderland.
Suzdal in winter
Suzdal in winter
Day 1Transfer to the train station is paid extra
9.30 am - 11.14 am Train to Vladimir
Meeting with your guide-driver or a guide and a driver
The tour of the central part of Vladimir includes Assumption cathedral interior (it is open), St Demetrius cathedral (outside), Golden Gates (outside)
Lunch in the city
Driving to Bogolubovo where famous UNESCO Heritage site is located.
Take a sleigh ride to the magnificent Pokrova on the Nerl Church.
Driving to Suzdal
Check in the hotel
Free evening to enjoy this small cozy town.
Optional: Banya (steam bath) experience in the evening (has to be booked)
Day 2Breakfast at the hotel
Free time and check out
Sightseeing tour of Suzdal includes the Museum of Wooden Architecture, famous for beautiful 19th century wooden houses of wealthy peasants, St Euthimius monastery where you can listen to bell ringing (or Intersession convent), Suzdal Kremlin and trading square where you can buy something from locals.
Driving back to Vladimir to catch 16.33 or 18.05 train train back Moscow tranfer to the hotel in Moscow is paid extra
Options to add:
- Masterclass in a real Smithy where you can learn about craftsmanship of a blacksmith and with his guidance forge a nail
- Matryoshka painting masterclass. It might be a memorable activity both for kids and adults
- Husky Dog-sledding is a great way to experience snowy winter. It is a great activity both for children and dog lovers.
- Dymov ceramic masterclass. Making a pot on a Potter's wheel.
- Shyurovo Gorodische is the place where you can see movie sets of old houses for the film “Tsars” by Pavel Lungin. There you can see farm animals and pet them, shoot old weaponry like bow and arrows etc.